Department Of Microbiology, SSPH&PGTI, Noida
The challenges presented by infectious diseases have been exacerbated by the emergence not only of new pathogens but also of strains of existing ones that display increased resistance to antimicrobial drugs. With the rapid advance of technology and its application to diagnostics, the field of Microbiology has been keeping pace with the same by providing early diagnosis and follow up of infectious diseases. The Department of Microbiology started functioning in December 2015 and aiims to make a difference in patient-care and management, by providing timely and accurate microbiology support to treating clinicians in Super Speciality Paediatric Hospital and Postgraduate Teaching Institute, Noida.
- To provide holistic Clinical Microbiology Diagnostic laboratory services in collaboration with treating Clinicians to facilitate rapid and accurate Diagnosis.
- To make a significant contribution and impact in the field of diagnostic services, academics, research and training both at National and International level.
- To set up a multidisciplinary unit consisting of Aerobic and Anaerobic Bacteriology, Virology, Mycology, Immunology, Serology, Parasitology, Mycobacteriology and Molecular Biology Laboratory sections.
- To provide timely and rapid Diagnosis by use of Automation and latest diagnostic techniques and technology.
- To actively contribute and participate in Hospital Infection Control Programs including Antimicrobial Stewardship , Infection Surveillance and Biomedical Waste Management.
- To provide latest Molecular methods for Real Time Diagnosis and Drug Resistance detection of infections.
- To ensure precise and quality results by participating in various internal and external (National and International ) Quality Assurance Programs and Laboratory Accreditation from National and International Bodies.
- To start academic teaching programs (Post Graduate,Post Doctoral Certificate, pHD and Fellowships) for trainees to prepare for careers in microbiological research, clinical practice, and therapeutic development, in a supportive and collaborative environment that encourages innovation.
- To conduct various teaching an training activities for technical ,nursing and other paramedical staff of the Hospital.
- To participate and host academic events i.e. CMEs, Workshops, Conferences e.t.c. at Institutional, Regional, State, National and International Level.
Dr. Sumi Nandwani
Designation: Professor cum/ or Chief Consultant, H.O.D. Microbiology & Sub – Dean
Qualifications: MBBS, M.D(Microbiology), DNB(Microbiology), MNAMS,PGCHM( Hospital Management)
Specializations: Bio Medical Waste Management , Mycobacteriology, Hepatitis, Malaria & Medical Education
Phone No.: +91-7290015814, +91- 9818044220
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Naz Perween
Designation: Assistant Professor cum/ or Junior Consultant, Microbiology
Qualifications: MBBS, M.D(Microbiology)
Specializations: Bacteriology, Mycology
Phone No.: +91-7290015810
Email ID: email@example.com
Dr. Sumit Rai
Designation: Assistant Professor cum Senior Consultant, Microbiology
Qualifications: MBBS, M.D(Gold Medalist), PDCC(Infectious Diseases)
Specializations: Antimicrobial Resistance and Stewardship Program, Post Graduate Teaching, Hospital Antibiotic Policy and Infection Control, NABL Accreditation, Molecular Microbiology
Phone No.: +91-7290015809,+91-9650771813
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org