Department Of Transfusion Medicine and blood bank, SSPH&PGTI, Noida
Transfusion medicine is the branch of medicine that is concerned with transfusion of blood and blood components. It encompasses issues of blood donation, immunohematology and other laboratory testing, transfusion practices, therapeutic apheresis, stem cell collections, cellular therapy, and coagulation. To establish a state of the art work in the field of Transfusion Medicine and medical research.
- To start services to support patients in need of blood and blood component therapy, cellular therapy, therapeutic apheresis.
- The Department also aims to introduce NAT testing (Nucleic Acid Testing) for the blood units in an attempt to shorter the window period thus increasing the safety of blood.
- Specialized laboratory diagnostics such as DAT, IAT, elution, antibody screening, antibody identification & titer, serological characterization of AIHA, Saliva screening test, Cold antibodies, PNH screening, HIT screening etc.
- To start certificate courses to train post graduate students & faculty.
- Teaching & training of medical & paramedical personnel in related areas.
- To contribute actively in clinical research.
- To start bone marrow transplant in collaboration with Heamtology department.
Dr. Ashutosh Singh
Designation: Assistant Professor
Qualifications: MD, PDCC
Special interest: Immunohematology, Apheresis technology & component therapy