Department Name: Department Of Biochemistry, SSPH&PGTI, Noida
The Department of Biochemistry at SSPH & PGTI was set up when the Institute was established as a centre of national importance for pediatric teaching, research and patient care in 2015.
To project the Biochemistry laboratory as a Referral Biochemistry diagnostic centre for Pediatric diseases. Routine Biochemistry and specialized tests including Hormones, Tumor markers, Vitamins and Therapeutic Drug Monitoring .Mandatory training of doctors and senior technician for internal audit for NABL will be achieved. We are committed to achieve reporting standard corresponding to International standard with six sigma level of accuracy and precision and shortest turnaround time for tests reporting.
- Real time reporting by Laboratory Information System (LIS) and HIS for speedier and accurate generation of reports.
- Setting up Metabolic laboratory with facility of inborn errors of metabolic (IEM) disorders screening and diagnosis.
- Providing the facility of Electrophoresis and densitometry reporting.
- To develop a Molecular Biochemistry laboratory to perform analyses on the nucleic acids ( DNA or RNA )
- To provide conducive environment for interdisciplinary research program and various project works.
- To start fellowship and certificate courses in Clinical Pediatric Biochemistry
The Department is headed by Dr. Seema Shah, MD, Associate Professor with more than 7 years of teaching, clinical and research experience in various Hospitals and Medical colleges in Delhi.
- Dr. Usha Dudeja Bindal, MD is working as Assistant Professor and has more than 6 years of experience in teaching , clinical and research work. She did her MBBS and MD (Biochemistry) from prestigious Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi University. She has published more than 10 papers in many reputed international and national journals.